Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Commitment Issues

So some significant changes have taken place since my last post. Pretty much all of them good ones. When I was trying to think of how I wanted to put together this post, I looked in to the journal for inspiration, and low and behold, found a post from about a year ago that oddly enough reflects nearly all of the changes that are going on in my life right now. Turns out I'm very much over-do. Which brings up something that I realized about myself today. I am a serial leaf-turner. Constantly in my life, especially in the older years, I have started new lifestyles and tried to implement new and good habits, and then just gave up or let it drift away in the stresses of everyday life. Nothing I did has really stuck. I have expressed motivation, and lacked commitment. Really, I just let myself, and those close to me, down. Over and over again. And I've come to the conclusion that I will be using this blog as a way to hold myself accountable for making these changes permanent.Which is going to be a challenge in itself. And really that just makes this time more important and more exciting. So here is the journal entry that I mentioned, its from last spring.

"Right now I am loving the promise of oncoming change. New home, I am looking forward to a change of scenery, some new air to breathe. I am hopeful that I will repair and rebuild some relationships. I am loving that summer is just around the corner and looking forward to everything that comes with it. I am also excited, however apprehensive about turning 25. It brings with it the excitement and begrudging responsibilities of being an adult. Enough said. Also love the definite change to my body, losing weight, getting healthy, and all that entails, including confidence, perspective and piece of mind."

So some of the things that are going on now. Firstly I am finally working out again. As per usual starting up the jillian michales 30 day dvd. This time however I am also doing dun.. dun .dun, yoga. Right now I'm doing it just after workouts but soon I plan to be doing it twice a day. Around that same time I will be really focusing on eating healthy. I'm not going on any specific diet but I will be cutting out and limiting alot of things, alot of which are things that I love. I'll be cutting out dairy(cheese is my happy place), sweets:see rocky road ice cream, bread and pasta...pasta, beer..., and limiting my meat intake. I'll also be quitting smoking cigarettes again, which has been a battle for me for the past few years. I'll also be making it a point to enjoy every single minute of it and keep a positive attitude as much as I can. I'll be doing alot of reading and research about things to benefit my life for the better in every way. I really cannot express how serious I am about changing my life and learning to appreciate who I am as well as be the best version of myself I can be, because I deserve that. So this is where I am right now and there are other plans that are being made that i will be saying more about as they happen. As, a side note, for anyone that reads this and has something to say about it or finds something that they'd like to share with me, please feel free to do so.


2 comments:

  1. I am so, so, so, so proud of you. I don't know if I can say that enough. I love you to the moon, ginger bee. You definitely deserve everything that you want in life. I think you will love yoga more and more as time goes on and I truly believe you'll see the benefits reflect on other parts of your life as well. No matter what you decide to do, know that I'm always proud of you and love you no matter what you do. You're an amazing human being and have a beautiful soul. Onward and Upward, you've got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Josephine. I can't thank you enough for all of the support, motivation, and inspiration that you have given me throughout this whole journey. I'm so glad that you are a part of my life and I'm forever grateful for your friendship and everything that entails.

      Delete